Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ear surgery

I had my ear surgery today. It was a fancy surgery done for otosclerosis (a cause of hearing loss)... the same thing I had done on my left ear just over a year ago. It sounds like the surgery went really well, and I feel MUCH better than after my last surgery (less nausea and vertigo so far). The funny thing is I had a med school classmate of mine (and former BSU Beaver as well) assisting with the surgery. She is now a chief resident in the ENT surgery program at the U of MN.
Unfortunately I have to wait several weeks for everything to heal up and the swelling to go down before I will notice if the hearing has improved in the ear. Thanks to all those who were praying for me and wished me well on this day! It made the procedure much less scary.

1 comment: