Hi everyone. This is the first time I am posting on our blog. I have taken over because Mike is so busy with work he doesn't have the time to blog anymore. Yes, his job is hectic. He works a lot of hours. But he comes home for lunch and dinner and can usually give Azalea a bath and put her to bed. He just gets a lot of pages and sometimes has to go back to the hospital. So I never know when he'll be home. Hopefully this won't last long. They still haven't worked out the schedule and should have a night shift person so the pages won't be so bad.
As for me, I'm hanging in there. Some days are not as good as others but mostly it's good days. I love being home with the girls. I've joined MOPS (Mothers of Pre Schoolers) and have met lots of other moms with little kids. There are about 50 women total and 8 in my small group. I went to a mother's night out last Tuesday night and had a really good time. The women are so great. We talked, and laughed, and played games. That was much needed.
We are settled in the rental house pretty well. Azalea has a play room in the basement and loves to play in the yard. She always says "Kiki, too?" Kiki loves the yard as well. The neighbor came over with her 4 year old daughter to play. We'll get together with them again, probably. She's a scrapper, too, and has a cricket machine. Sorry for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, no time to explain.
We also have found a church that we like and there are lots of moms there as well so I don't feel lonely here at all. And the best part is my family, of course. They get together for bizarre reasons like freezing a truck load of corn. :) Which is an all day process...I watched...hey, someone had to watch the toddler and hold the baby. I did make a few batches.
Well, that's all from me for now. I hope everyone is well.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. It is always nice to become a part of a church for common beliefs and values. We love our church here. We have lots of sweet truly caring people. I have yet to go to a MOPS meeting because I don't know what to do with the older girls. Miss you.
Hey Laura--
I hear you are in Willmar now--I would love to get together when we come to visit Tina--do you still have the same cell number? I heard you met Tina at her church--r u still attending that church? Give me a call sometime or email me.talk to you soon...
Traci
Laura and Mike:
I love getting to read your family updates. I will show Grandma May on their "community computer" when I visit her tomorrow.
Your girls are so beautiful. I can only imagine how fun they must be. I'm glad to hear you've joined a group. It's always helpful to learn from and lean on (as well as share what you've learned) with/from others.
The May Christmas family get-together this year will be on December 26th in Hamel again. Hope you can make it!
Aunt Joyce
Post a Comment